Matia Mobility is reimagining mobility for people with walking disabilities. The all new Tek RMD M1 is a revolutionary mobility platform that makes it possible to independently and safely sit, stand and navigate environments that were once inaccessible, indoor and outdoor, and all at eye level.
With the industry’s smallest footprint, users can now go places and reach items otherwise unavailable in a standard wheelchair, whether at home or at work. The M1 fits in small spaces, minimizing renovation requirements and often decreasing overall living costs for someone with a walking disability.
Now approved for purchase by the VA, and also now available with multiple financing options from our website, the M1 is now more affordable than ever.
Tek RMD M1 is a patented, CE Marked and FDA 510(k) cleared technology.
The Tek RMD M1 come with a Joystick + Remote Control, easy boarding from the back and Electric Assisted Stander, the Tek RMD M1 is designed for ease of use.
The all new Tek RMD M1 now comes with an Electric Stander to make moving from a sitting to standing position easier.
Watch the video
The all new Tek RMD M1 now comes with an optional outdoor conversion kit. Easily switch between indoor and outdoor modes for maximum mobility.
Watch the video
Foldaway Transfer Seat
The foldaway transfer seat helps users rest while in the Tek RMD. It also can assist when transferring from a wheelchair or seat to the Tek RMD M1.
Watch the video
The Health Benefits of Standing
Our bodies are meant to stand. Standing at least five times a week improves bone density1, circulation2, bladder and bowel function2, and alleviate pressure points.3 Standing also improves your self esteem and physiological well being4 as well as reduces mortality.5,6
Existing standing frames can be large and limit a user’s ability to navigate indoor environments, often require caregiver assistance, and rarely allow for convenient navigation. The Tek RMD M1 holds the user in an upright position while leaving their hands and arms free. This allows more freedom and independence to perform daily tasks, while improving health and overall well-being.
Watch the video
- Goktepe AS, Tugcu I, Yilmaz B, Alaca R, Gunduz S. Does standing protect bone density in patients with chronic spinal cord injury? J Spinal Cord Med. 2008;31(2):197-201. doi:10.1080/10790268.2008.11760712
- Dunn RB, Walter JS, Lucero Y, et al. Follow-up assessment of standing mobility device users. Assist Technol. 1998;10(2):84-93. doi:10.1080/10400435.1998.10131966
- Garber SL, Rintala DH, Rossi CD, Hart KA, Fuhrer MJ. Reported pressure ulcer prevention and management techniques by persons with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1996;77(8):744-749. doi:10.1016/s0003-9993(96)90251-8
- Kunkel CF, Scremin AM, Eisenberg B, Garcia JF, Roberts S, Martinez S. Effect of “standing” on spasticity, contracture, and osteoporosis in paralyzed males. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1993;74(1):73-78. PMID: 8420525
- Katzmarzyk PT. Standing and mortality in a prospective cohort of Canadian adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2014;46(5):940-946. doi:10.1249/MSS.0000000000000198
- van der Ploeg HP, Chey T, Ding D, Chau JY, Stamatakis E, Bauman AE. Standing time and all-cause mortality in a large cohort of Australian adults. Prev Med. 2014;69:187-191. doi:10.1016/j.ypmed.2014.10.004
Since our team first came together in 2006, our goal has always been to develop technology that will help people – specifically people with walking disabilities. We designed the Tek RMD M1 to add more freedom to the lives of individuals with walking disabilities, allowing them to live in places not designed for them, and to move more independently in the world.
After years of development, planning, and testing, the Tek RMD M1 is our first product to hit the market. We debuted the Tek RMD M1 in 2015, and with the buzz we received from around the world, we decided to offer it globally. Our goal remains to improve the health, wellness, and sense of independence for as many people as we can reach.
- Standard wheel: 2.9 mph (4.7 km/h)
- Large wheel: 3.5 mph (5.6 km/h)
Driving distance range: 4.7 miles (7.7 km)
- Standard wheel: 58.3 inches (148 cm)
- Large wheel: 62 inches (157.5 cm)
Weight (empty): 260 lbs / 118 kg
Battery capacity: DC 24V (2x12V)22AH
Charger: 24 volts
Introducing the Battery Box from Matia Mobility
This is intended for distributor use only.
The Battery Box from Matia Robotics is a portable 24v power source that ensures your technicians are never left waiting for a client’s equipment to charge during a service call. The Matia Battery Box has a lighted power switch that indicates when the device is switched on and a convenient LCD voltage indicator that shows the current battery level. The 24v power output is supplied through a durable, industry standard, 3 pin XLR plug with a locking safety latch.
The Matia Battery Box comes with an XLR cable for direct connecting to mobility devices and an accessory pack with an assortment of test leads for more involved troubleshooting. The Matia Battery Box has an internal 5 amp fuse for safety; the fuse is the common ATC type blade fuse available at most convenience and auto parts stores. Our Battery Box can be recharged with any XLR smart charger capable of outputting 24v at ~5 amps (charger not included).
- Compact Size – ~9″ x 6″ x 3.5″ (230 x 150 x 85mm).
- Durable ABS Plastic Enclosure.
- Simple on/off power switch.
- LCD voltage display – Large, easy to read power level indicator.
- Good Power Density – two 12 volt, 5 Amp Hour Sealed Gel Cell batteries allow for plenty of power for service calls.
- Internal 5 Amp fuse – user replaceable, common ATC type fuse.
- Standard 3-Pin XLR Female Socket – allows for direct connection to many devices using industry standard connectors.
- Includes high quality 2 meter (~6.5 foot) Male to Male XLR cable.
- Includes Accessory Wire set- XLR to various interchangeable test probes.
You have the ability to engage with someone of your same age group or peers and be eye to eye. You just can’t replace the element of being on a personal level with somebody. The amount of mental stability it creates for you is greater than having a simple conversation from a wheelchair to a standing person.